SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!
New Ghosts is excited to announce UNFOLD, a new short FESTIVAL taking place at THE OLD FITZ from the 21-24 AUG 2019.
UNFOLD will bring together playwrights, actors, directors, producers, and artists, for a series of networking events, developments, play readings, and panel discussions. The week will be a forum for sharing new ideas, making new connections to facilitate new Australian work, and celebrate the art of storytelling.
If your submission is successful, you will receive:
- Access to the Old Fitz Theatre for a 4 hour development/rehearsal at no cost
- Access to the Old Fitz Theatre for a full script reading on either Thursday 22nd or Friday 23rd August at no cost
- Full autonomy over the selection of creatives and cast
- Assistance with sourcing actors and creatives if required
- Marketing and promotional support through social media posts and EDMs to the New Ghosts database of over 500
To apply, send through the following to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 26th July:
- A copy of the script
- A synopsis of the work
- The play’s duration
- A history of the work’s development
- Whether the reading will be a premiere and/or has been programmed for a future season
- Confirmed team members
- Whether you are a local or interstate playwright and if you will be present for the reading
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
An enormous thank you to our friends at Red Line Productions at the Old Fitz Theatre for their support with this initiative. Standby for full details of the program, soon to be announced!