Applications now open
Closing midnight 12 June
We currently have two Assistant Designer positions available for new and emerging Designers pursuing a career in:
- Set Design for Theatre
- Costume Design for Theatre
- Set Building for Theatre
Assistant Designers will work closely with Costume and Set Designer Monique Langford to realise the design for NGTC and Secret House’s upcoming production of Albion. Find out more about Monique here.
Interview Process: 16 June
Zoom interviews will take place with shortlisted designers (evening)
Part 1: 20 Jun – 17 Jul
Assisting with design pre-production for Albion.
Flexible hours, approx 10-20hr commitment
Part 2: 18-26 Jul
Assisting with design realisation for Albion.
Good day time availability required, approx 30hr commitment
Part 3: 13-15 Aug
Assisting with design bump out for Albion.
3-8 hours required post-show on on the 13th and daytime of the 15th
Transition Period : 17 Aug – 04 Sept
Final mentorship session, including identifying and instigating some short terms goals, and giving your feedback on your time in the residency.
Flexible hours, approx 3 hr commitment
Fee: $1,436.50 + Super
To Apply: Email email@example.com with:
- A brief paragraph about why you’re interested in the position
- Your interest in Set, Costume and/or Set Building
- Any relevant experience, including whether you drive
- Any imagery of previous work (sketches, illustrations, production shots, crafts, etc)
- Your availability over the production period, in reference to the Key Dates listed above
- This position is open to designers with and without formal training
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, people with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTQI+ people, young people and people living/working in Western Sydney.
Questions? Get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.